What to read ?

1 comment
Has anyone who has read Nella Last's War/Peace found anything remotely able to follow them?
I read 'Our Hidden Lives' afterwards, and found it a slow starter, but eventually engaging, and have since read 'Can Any Mother Help Me?' - again, a compelling collection but ... oh how I miss Nella!
I am tempted to re-read her too soon, because I so miss her inspirational take on life, and the astounding stories of everyday courage and tenacity - but I would really prefer to find a worthy successor.
Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Cat said...

If it helps any...we're savouring Tolkien just now. The children are enthralled. It's a sure test of how long they can keep themselves in a chair--so far, three hours, with the help (or perhaps sabotage) of many cups of tea.

Powered by Blogger.
Follow Me on Pinterest