So just a possibility

1 comment
I may regroup on an old idea.

A few years ago,  I grew a garden based on the Wartime 'Dig for Victory' plan, and used some very basic cheap seeds.

I'd kind of like to do that again, only better. I'm thinking of redesigning my old wartime style blog and making it a diary of this enterprise.

I'd be following the Dig for Victory leaflets, and also the books by C. H. Middleton, produced during the war.

I'd be using the cheapest seeds you can get, from Lidl - or maybe searching out the closest varieties to the originals?

I'd be coming down from my 'organic' high horse. I wouldn't be using anything truly toxic (some of the wartime pesticides were pretty out there) but also, I wouldn't be purely organic. I'd be using the artificials as recommended by C. H. when necessary.

If I'm going to do it, now would be the time. C. H. Middleton begins in September, with preparing the garden for a bumper wartime harvest.

Decisions, decisions.


1 comments:

mel said...

absolutely effink brilliant!!!! in so many ways!!! my Nanna got me thoroughly fascinated by wartime goings-on...the whole ethos of economy and non-waste....

if you do, i'll be following rabidly....

i also think the organic horse gets a little high sometimes...the air at that altitude addles the brain, methinks 😉 xo

Powered by Blogger.
Follow Me on Pinterest